Monday, January 4, 2010

Before & After Bitches: The Living & Dining Rooms

I know, I know. I am not supposed to hate anyone...but I hate the former owners of our bungalow. That's right--HATE.
What kind of person paints original crown molding with a paint that closely resembles baby diaper (filler) green?? What kind of person grinds chewing gum into a hard wood floor? What kind of person lets stain glass windows get so filthy that they end up looking forest green instead of lime???

Hate people. I mean, really?

When you rehab a home, or give it a "hug" as my husband Adam refers to what we are going to our bungalow, you have to address the years of neglect that your home suffered at the hands of it's previous owners. And, it becomes PERSONAL.

I suppose the argument could be made about privilege and resources and time and money but do you know what I say to that? POO POO! They sell bleach at the dollar store! Clean up and take care of your shit people!

So here we were, dismantling holiday decor in our living room and we thought this may be a good time to show you some "before" and "after" photos from our city bungalow! While you are reading this, we are deep into a new, major project which we will reveal next month! Enjoy and feedback is welcome!

(Next up: the basement and back sun room!)








I







No comments:

Post a Comment